Hawkins Projects were proud to be appointed as the Principal Contractor for the next phase of expansion at Fine Lady Bakeries in Manchester. This exciting project has enabled the bakery to substantially increase the weekly output of luxury bread products to keep up with demand. The completed project lasted 9 months and involved the challenge of installing a brand new bakery line and associated infrastructure whilst the site continued to be operational.
Hawkins were responsible for:
- Full Health and Safety Management of the site with over 500 workers inducted and with over 300 Safe Days on site (Safe Days reporting means RIDDOR or Dangerous Occurrences NOT reported and no lost time to incidents).
- Design, planning and construction of new, two storey offices, a large storage building, internal mezzanine and concrete slab construction for flour silos.
- Relocation of internal offices, wash out area and foam store to facilitate new bakery line.
- Refurbishment of existing staff offices and facilities.
- Design and completion of all wall and roof penetrations for the new bakery line supplies, flues and evaporative cooling.
- Full design and construction of internal drainage works for the new bakery line.
- Design and construction of internal robot bases.
- Supply and lay of new specialist Altro Crete slip resistant flooring and walkways in the bakery.
- Supervision and planning for all phases of the new bakery line, installation of new equipment from ingredients storage through to product despatch, including mechanical and electrical works and data cabling.
- Fire protection, including installation of heat detection and sprinkler system plus fire stopping works.
Client: Fine Lady Bakeries
Contract Value: £2,350,000
Duration: 36 Weeks